I’ve been in a terrible mood lately, and I just seem to be exhausted all the time. Very unmotivated, and quite numb. If I could get away with it, I’d spend my whole time being a couch potato, and I think I’d be quite happy like that, too. For a while, at least. Possibly a long one. I guess I’m just feeling down, like I’ve been dragging a boulder with me everywhere I go. Frustrated, tired, and consequentially not in the mood to do anything, or go anywhere. Even typing this feels a bit like a chore, but- enough is enough! And I’ve had just about enough. I always go through these… dry spells of sorts. And getting out of them requires some motivation. Which is why this post is being typed, and hopefully shared with you.
I have a playlist titled “You’re Fine,” consisting of songs that at some point in my life have (lyrically, and musically) helped to motivate me and remind me that I’m, well, fine. That I’m doing just fine. I’m okay. That what I’m going through may not be okay, but I have it in me to be okay despite all that, or, that I have it in me to work to the point where I am okay. So I thought it would nice to share this playlist, just in case it might be of some help to you, too, in some way.
Be warned: it consists of multiple genres.
(I added a link to lyrics that aren’t included in the videos)
- I’ll Keep You Safe – Sleeping At Last // lyrics
- Tidal Wave – Owl City // lyrics
- Kitchen Sink – Twenty One Pilots
- In Your Own Time – Keane
- Note to Self – Jake Bugg // lyrics
- Waiting For My Chance To Come – Noah and the Whale // lyrics
- Cave In – Owl City // lyrics
- Sympathy – Goo Goo Dolls
- Forest – Twenty One Pilots
- On The Road – Keane // lyrics
- Give It All Back – Noah and the Whale
- Vienna – Billy Joel
- Plant Life – Owl City
- Dare You To Move – Switchfoot
- Little Wonders – Rob Thomas
- Hospital Flowers – Owl City
- O-O-H Child – The Five Stairsteps // lyrics
I might update this list every time a song makes its way to the playlist.
Hope you’re doing well.
Updated: 10 May, 2017